Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Resurrected Life

The new outfits are purchased, the Easter Egg Hunts done, and we are looking forward to some wonderful time with our family tomorrow. Right now, I am at home relaxing before heading out to get a much needed manicure and pedicure.

While eating lunch, I looked out into my backyard and noticed that my dogwoods have their first blooms today. How appropriate for Easter weekend! These blossoms are said to represent the crucifixion of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Yet as I look at them, I do not see death. What I see is life - fresh and new. I am reminded and overwhelmed by His promise for NEW LIFE. The resurrected life of Jesus Christ, IN ME! MY RESURRECTED LIFE!! Something I have so graciously been given. A life I can live TODAY, not something I have to wait for, not something I have to earn, not something I have to live up to some set of rules to receive. NEW LIFE TODAY - an abundant life, a life that overflows with His blessings, a life that is full of peace and joy, a life that is meant to breathe life and hope into others. LIFE worth living - LIFE that makes me shout - LIFE that makes me dance - LIFE that fills me with a love that has to be shared!!

I am so thankful today, not simply because my Savior died for me, but because he arose FOR ME! His life fuels my life with a power that is greater than any other. A power that allows me to fulfill my resurrected purpose and mission - to share this incredible opportunity for new life and to love others with all I have.

My prayer for you and your family is that you have a wonderful Easter weekend, taking time to look past the festivities and soak in the magnitude of this incredible gift of LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment